The Dulles Day Festival & Plane Pull® has since raised more than $1,600,000 for athletes with intellectual disabilities throughout Virginia. Today, similar Plane Pulls are held throughout the year in Colorado, Maryland, Hawaii, Tennessee and Texas. The event is so popular, in fact, that Special Olympics has the registered trademark on all Plane Pulls® that take place!
The Dulles Day Festival & Plane Pull®, presented by the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, also features live music, a car show, military and civilian aircraft displays, business exhibits, and children’s games and entertainment. Event admission and parking are free. Gates open Saturday at 10:30 am, with event festivities beginning at 11 am; gates close at 3:45 pm, with festivities ending at 4 pm. Please note: no backpacks, coolers or pets will be allowed.
- From 495, take exit VA-267 (toll road) West toward Dulles Airport
- After approximately 5 miles, exit via ramp at sign reading “Dulles Airport”
- Continue onto the Dulles Airport Access Road
- Once on airport grounds, exit via first ramp at sign reading “Rental Car Return and Services” onto Rudder Road
- Continue straight, crossing Autopilot Way, into Plane Pull parking
Embassy Suites Dulles Airport13341 Woodland Park Road Herndon, VA 20171703-464-0200
- Free cooked to order breakfast
- Two Room Suite
- Complimentary drinks at evening reception
- Airport Shuttle service
- Hotel shuttle in three mile radius of hotel
- Free High Speed Internet Access